Thursday 27 December 2012

Server Updates and more!

I've updated most of the plugins to the latest builds which has reduced the server tension some what. So teleportation should be more smooth now.

I've also added worldguard. This means, as of now, creepers will not cause block damage...YAY!
I've added a few back-end plugins for the admins and mods, for when the server goes public.

Oh, I've also removed the Regular Donators rank (Read on)

In other news!

I did a quick test with factions. It...didn't go too well. So I've removed it from the server. But I can say factions will become a thing on the server at one point, once all the settings are completed. So keep an eye out.

In more news!

We will be having a New years photo-shoot on the server on Tuesday 10PM (GMT) / 5pm (EST). We hope you can all join us like the Christmas photo-shoot. It'll take 10 minutes of your time and shows support for the server. ;)


---

Plugins and features to come:

Due to popular demand, a limited version of mcMMO will be added. Allowing people to professionalize in certain abilities. My hope is this will promote trading in the server, bringing it a more community feel.

Factions is on this list, but until it's HUGE configuration file is setup and the arms length permissions nodes are setup. It's going to take some time...


---

The original plan...no more regular donators...

Originally I planned on running 2 servers for the community. The current one and another modded one that would run a stripped down version of Tekkit/FTB. But I've decided to drop that and go with a plan I have setup. I plan on coding a new plugin that implements Industrial Craft items into vanilla minecraft allowing you the benifits of IC without the mod.

The idea would be similar to how Lockette works. An example would be placing a sign on a furnace titled [Macerator]. This would then give you say; 2 iron bars per ore...and so on. Please comment below (If you can) with your thoughts on this.

Thank you all, OPP.

1 comment:

  1. Ya that would be great, but I wouldn't be able to use them because I'm not a donator unless you allow all people to do that...


    -Digger

    ReplyDelete